LEADERSHIP TEAM (photos and bios coming soon)
Shane Davis (Co-Owner; Director of Training)
Andrea Davis (Co-Owner; Club Director)
Derek Jensen (Co-Owner; Club Director)
Patrick Barry (Assistant Director; Master Coach)
Shari Davis (Director of Girls Training, Master Coach for Girls Program)
- Playing Experience: High school four year starter and played club for Six Pack Volleyball Club (3x All state). Played College at Loyola University of Chicago (Regular season conference champions all four years, All Conference, All Region and Loyola Female athlete of the year Senior year)
- Coaching Experience: Current Northwestern Women's Volleyball Program Director; Formerly at Loras College (DIII) 2 years as grad assistant, Upper Iowa University (Division II) 5 years as head coach, North Dakota State University (DI) 2 years as assistant (Earned bid to NCAA tournament), Latin School of Chicago (High School) 3 years (3x Conference Champions and 2 Regional Champions), Division1 Volleyball Club 4 seasons (1 with boys 3 with girls, Earned bid to 18open at boys USAV championship).
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball because the sport has done so much for me and what better to give back to the game than to coach! I've had so many coaches and players share their experiences and expertise to me and I want to share my knowledge with all involved in the sport. I provide an atmosphere of hard work and discipline in a positive and competitive environment. I focus on making positive changes each time a player steps on the floor. The focus is not on what is being done wrong but what certain things need to be done to find success.
- Fun Facts: I am originally from a small town in Iowa and currently co-own a massage therapy business. An interesting fact about me is starting at the age of 7 I was a competitive horse barrel and pole racer!
Kevin Moore (Master Coach, Boys Program)
- Playing Experience: Pace Bootlegger VBC, Juniata College (1998 DIII National Champions)
- Coaching Experience: USA Volleyball High Performance Championships- 7yrs, Youth National Team Asst. Coach 1 yr, High Performance Championships Head Coach 2yrs, George Mason Mens Asst. Coach 2yrs, Juniata Head Men's Coach 4yr (Conference Coach of the year 2 times), Loyola University Women's Associate Head Coach 2 yrs., current Northwestern University Women's Assistant Coach
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball because I'm passionate about teaching and working with athletes. As a coach I would describe myself as a student, constantly learning from the incredible coaches and players I work with on a daily basis.
- Fun Facts: I grew up in Rochester, NY, have a 4 year old daughter and currently live in Roscoe Village with my wife Jennifer & dog Tinder.
Adam Beck: Master Coach, Southside Program
- Playing Experience: Maine East Varsity 1991. (29-2)
- Coaching Experience: 2015-2016 - Master Coach Division1 Volleyball Club, 2009-2013 – Head Coach Division1 Volleyball Club (5th in 18 Open in 2010), 2008-2009 - Head Coach SPVB B17 Mizuno (29th 17 Open), 2002-2005 – Head Coach SPVB B17 Mizuno (5th in 17 Open ’03, ’04, ’05), 2004-2005 - Assistant Coach SPVB B18 Mizuno (5th in 18 Open), 2003-2004 – Consultant SPVB B16 Runbird (16 Club National Champions), 1998-2000 – Men’s Assistant Coach Loyola University Chicago, 1995-1997 – Men’s Assistant Coach Loyola University Chicago, 1993-1995 – Assistant Coach SPVB B18 Mizuno (11th in ’93, 5th in ’94, & Bronze Medal in ’95 in 18 Open)
- Coaching Philosophy: I got into coaching years ago because I loved the sport but wasn't good enough to play at the college level. I met a very great coach in Gordon Mayforth when he was at SPVB and was fortunate to learn from him and follow him to Loyola and help start that program. Now having coached over 20 years it's amazing how much volleyball has given me. I'd like to think I am the type of coach most guys would like to play for and try and create a competitive environment in the gym.
- Fun Facts: Tournament Director/Facility Manager – Palos Courts, Founder of Palos Point Series in 2005 - 48 teams in 18/17’s in ’05…80 teams in ’15, WCPL Coordinator – Schedule matches and sites for over 440 teams spread across 7 divisions, Adidas Windy City Qualifier Site Manager, Seeding Committee - USAV Boy’s Junior National Championships, Seeding Committee – Boys Winter Volleyball Championships, USAV Meritorious Service Award - 2013
- Playing Experience: I was on the first Division1 team when the club just got started. I also played at Loyola Academy. I went on to play at Carthage College and was a first team All-American, my sophomore year.
- Coaching Experience: Current volunteer Assistant Coach of Northwestern University Women's Volleyball Team. I have been coaching for 3 years now both high school and club. I have coached 14 year old girls along with 18 year old girls in club and have coached the varsity team at Wilmot in Wisconsin. I have also coached the boys JV team at Loyola Academy and was volunteer assistant at Loyola University for the Women's volleyball program.
- Coaching Philosophy: I love coaching volleyball because I love teaching. I graduated Carthage with a certification to teach because it is something I am passionate about. I enjoy helping athletes realize their full potential and when they feel themselves improve I know i got to be a part of that and watch that. I would describe my coaching style as disciplined, focused, and process-based. I tell my athletes I am not focused on the result of a play, but more if the process of how they got there was in line with what I am challenging them to do. As long as they are working hard when they play for me, they will improve as a player and a person.
- Fun Facts: The first Division1 team that I was on took 5th at nationals when we were 18. I am from Skokie, Illinois and I also wait tables at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria in Lincolnwood.
- Current Division1 Team: Girls and Boys 14U
- Playing Experience: Played at Buffalo Grove High School
Played at Sports Performance, Rolling Thunder, and Adversity Elite for 16,17, and 18's year. Played 1 semi-professional season in France. Playing in the Premier Volleyball League for the third straight season.
- Coaching Experience: Assistant Coach to Buffalo Grove HS Varsity 07-08, 08-09. Finished 2nd and 3rd in state. Coached 15's at Adversity Volleyball Club 07-08 Division1 Volleyball Coach for 3 years now.
- Coaching Philosophy: Obviously my passion for the sport of volleyball is a big influence in why I coach. I've been playing for 13 years now and love every second of it. Part of it is that I love to share that passion and knowledge of the game with younger generations. I also really enjoy being a positive influence in the kids lives off the court as well. It's an opportunity for us as coaches to show kids how to approach hardship on and off the court.
- Fun Facts: From Arlington Heights, IL. Runs a non profit organization called DEA Nation that identifies families in financial hardship and sponsors their kids into local social, athletic, and academic events.
- Current Division1 Team: Boys 17 Elite Black
- Playing Experience: Romeoville High School - Captain. Oakton Community College - Captain
- Coaching Experience: 1 Season with Impact. 2nd season with D1. Speed and conditioning coach 2 seasons in California.
- Coaching Philosophy: I love being able to pass down my knowledge and experiences to these athletes. I remember how much some of my coaches impacted my life and I strive to be a coach that these players can look to.
- Fun Facts: From Romeoville. 4 years of collegiate softball, Fullerton College and Aurora University. Undergrad from Aurora University. Managed the Beach Leagues for Cssc summer 2015. Recently started working for Cottingham & Butler.
- Current Division1 Team: Girls 15 Elite
- Playing Experience: 4 Years playing varsity volleyball for Glenbard West High School, and 3 years of club experience split between Sports Performance and D1. Two seasons as team captain, as well as all-conference and all-area recognition.
- Coaching Experience: 6 years of coaching experience including head coaching positions for Glenbard West High School, Hitmen VBC, and Division1 VBC. Highlights include multiple trips to the club junior national championships in the open division, serving as an assistant coach for the Valparaiso University womens volleyball team, and extensive work with the Glenbard West boys varsity team that won the state championship last spring (2015).
- Coaching Philosophy: I started coaching volleyball as a way to keep in touch with the sport once I was no longer able to compete regularly, and I quickly came to love that just as much as playing. We are very fortunate to have such a strong volleyball community in this region, and I believe that plays a big part in why I'm still involved- not only is the competition great, but I continue to find myself working with great people season after season. I consider myself to be a very approachable and thorough coach. While I like to get to know my athletes and enjoy our time together in the gym, I also use those connections to keep us motivated and focused on our goals as a team. I look forward to the season ahead of us!
- Fun Facts: I studied Music at Valparaiso University, and currently work as a composer and arranger for various institutions in the Great Lakes region in addition to coaching for D1. I grew up in the western suburbs, and as a result I am quite familiar with the club scene around Chicago (for both boys and girls).
- Current Division1 Team: Girls 13 Green
- Playing Experience: Glenbard East High School (3rd place in state tournament), Sports Performance 3 years club experience as a player, 2006 Palos MVP, Loyola University Chicago 4 years, received Coach's Award 2010
- Coaching Experience: Assistant Coach 17 North Side 2009, Head Coach 16 North 2010 (qualified for Nationals finishing in top 20), Head Coach 16 North 2011 (qualified for Nationals finishing in top 15), Head Coach 18 North 2013 (qualified for Nationals finishing in top 20)
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball because I want to be a role model for young players who want to play volleyball at the collegiate level. I have been playing volleyball for over 15 years, and I do not get to compete as much at the same club or college level. I am passionate about coaching because it allows me to stay within the high level of competition and train young athletes for this level of competition.
- Fun Facts: I was born in Poland, and I am fluent in Polish. I am living in Glendale Heights with my wife, Karlee Jez. I am a Senior Flavor Lab Technician at Edlong Dairy Technologies. My goal is to become a Flavorist specializing in dairy flavors.
- Current Division1 Team: North Boys 17 Green
- Playing Experience: Played for Addison Trail High School (captain, honorable mention). Played club for Ipv and Pipeline. Currently playing at Robert Morris University.
- Coaching Experience: 4 years at Indian Trail Jr. High
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball to pass on what I have learned over the years and help guide the younger athletes become the best athlete/person they can become. The type of coach that I would concider myself is a visionary coach I like to be able to show them, help the player improve and be able to react in game like situations.
- Fun Facts: Current student athlete studying Pharmacy
- Current Division1 Team: North Boys 14U
- Playing Experience: Club: D1, 2010 Nationals 5th place, HS: Notre Dame College Prep, College: Loyola University Chicago, Carthage College (2014 National Semi-Finalist)
- Coaching Experience: D1 17-2s, D1 14s, D1 18-1s, Current floating assistant for north side boys program, Current North Central College Men's Volleyball Assistant Coach. (Inaugural NCAA season).
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball because of the relationships I made along the way playing in club and college, and because I want to give back what I was taught along the way. I coach in hopes to improve an athlete on and off the court, and to grow the game of volleyball.
- Fun Facts: Current North Central College Men's Volleyball Assistant Coach as well as a Speed and Agility instructor at Tip Top Training in Northbrook. From Niles, IL.
- Current Division1 Team: North Boys Floating Assistant
- Playing Experience: "Downers Grove South - conference champs: 08,09,10,11; regional champs: 10,11, Best record in school history, Captain. Tigers volleyball club - 1 year. Sports Performance - 2 years, 3rd in Open Nationals 2011. Carthage College - one year, 2nd at Dlll Nationals. Robert Morris University - Sophomore yr - current (Opp), First team all conference - 2015, Captain.
- Coaching Experience: "Jeffereson Jr High - 3 years, conference champs 2010. Sports Performance - 4 years D1-1yr. Rosary High School-1 year. Benet Academy 3 years - 1 year as Freshmen/ Ass. Varsity, 2 years as JV/ Ass. Varsity.
- Coaching Philosophy: I'm the type of coach who like to be assertive and demanding in what I ask of my players. I will never ostracize a player who is on my team and I will always play the guys/girls that are giving me the effort I am looking for. I believe in teaching my kids qualities that can be used outside of volleyball such as responsibility, respect, teamwork, integrity, effort, willingness to overcome adversity and the will to push yourself to limits you didn't think possible before.
- Fun Facts: I am a current student athlete at Robert Morris University pursuing a degree in Health with a masters in Health Care Administration. I grew up in Downers Grove but now currently live in Maywood, IL for school. Volleyball has been in my family since i was a kid but i moved to the suburbs in 3rd grade. Interestingly enough I didn't know about club until my sophomore year of high school and since I was tall the first position I played was middle.
- Current Division1 Team: Boys 16 Green (South Side)
- Playing Experience: 4 years of club at CVC-Captain all four years, 4 years of high school volleyball at Shepard High School.-Captain all 4 years (2 on sophomore 2 on varsity), 3 years of volleyball at Milwaukee School of Engineering. (Fresh-Jr).
- Coaching Experience: D1 Southside sub for beginning part of last year, D1 Chicago 16 White later part of last year, D1 Chicago 14 Green later part of last year, D1 Southside 14 Green Spring 2015, D1 Southside 17 Green
- Coaching Philosophy: Volleyball has always been a passion of mine. Most of my family who is older than me played volleyball so I have been around the sport from a very young age. Playing throughout high school and college, I ran into a lot of people who had a lot of knowledge about the game. I was able to take bits and pieces of what they taught me and apply it to how I think the game should be played. It's nice to be able to use that knowledge now and further the advancement of the sport.I feel that I am a more laid back coach than some. I am always there to answer questions if a player has them but for the most part I like to try and let the guys figure out what they are doing by themselves.
- Fun Facts: I work as a Design Engineer at Cardwell Westinghouse. My main responsibility is to design test fixture and test various rail car components. I am from and currently live in Worth IL and my favorite thing to do is bass fish.
- Current Division1 Team: Boys 17 Green (South Side)
- Playing Experience: High School: Damascus HS (Damascus, MD)- 1 Year. Club: Maryland Volleyball Program- 1 Year. College: Loyola University Chicago- 5 Years
- Coaching Experience: I was an Adult Group Clinic instructor for 2 years. I coached D1 17 boys last season and this season I am coaching with the girls program, I am working with the 12 year old team.
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball because I enjoy interacting with the youth. Watching them grown as volleyball players and as people is very rewarding. Being able to say you made an impact on a young person, either through developing skill or developing character is a great experience. I would like to say I am I very reasonable coach who gives everyone a fair shot. As long as you show up and play hard, you will be rewarded for your efforts.
- Fun Facts: Current Profession: Marketing, Nike Basketball. Hometown: Damascus, MD. Interesting fact: Tallest person ever in my family
- Current Division1 Team: Girls 12U Regional
- Playing Experience: High School: Millard West, Omaha NE, Middle/Right Side (3 year Letter Winner, 3 year Varsity Starter, Academic All American 2008, Team Captain 2008), Club: X-Treme VC (15s-18s Middle/Right Side), DePauw University (Middle, 3 year Starter, 3 year Letter Winner, Team Captain 2012).
- Coaching Experience: This is my 2nd year coaching with D1. In the 2014-2015 season I assisted with the 15-16 boys teams, head coached 16 Black girls and the spring season for 13 Green girls.
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach because I love volleyball and I miss playing. Coaching allows me to get back in the gym and work with other coaches and players who love the game. I know all too well what it feels like to not be able to play at a competition level anymore, so when I am coaching I try to get each player to realize how lucky they are to be playing and to give it their all. I am not the kind of coach who puts all the focus on winning, I am proud of the team who leaves it all on the floor win or lose.
- Fun Facts: I work in PR at Weber Shandwick in the Healthcare division. I am originally from Omaha, Nebraska but have lived in Chicago for almost 2 years now.
- Current Division1 Team: Girls 16U Regional
- Playing Experience: Played for Dobson High School in Mesa, AZ. All State Selection 2006 & 2007. Was a Player/Coach for the University of Arizona Club Volleyball Team won a National Championship and MVP in 2011.
- Coaching Experience: University of Arizona Men's and Women's Club Teams 2010-2012, Women's 2 National Championship Runners-Up, Men's 1 National Championship 2011, Asistant Coach at William Woods University in Fulton, MO 2013-2015, Head Men's Volleyball Coach Robert Morris University 2015-Present.
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball to be able to give back and teach the skills and life lessons that were taught to me at this age. I wouldn't be who I am today without my coaches and I want to have the same impact on young athletes. I am a very laid back coach that loves to teach the game, and the values that the game teaches us for life.
- Fun Facts: Head Men's Volleyball Coach at Robert Morris University, Bachelor's in Accounting from UofA and a Master's in Education from William Woods. I am left handed, color blind, and have two different colored eyes.
- Current Division1 Team: Boys 14U Green (South Side), Girls High School Asst. Coach
- Playing Experience: Three years of high school varsity. Played three years of club for NCVC (northern California volleyball club) highest finish was 11th in open. Played two years at orange coast college. A junior college in southern California. Then played my final two years with loyola advancing to the final 4 my senior year.
- Coaching Experience: Been at D1 for two years prior to this. Boys 17-2 and 18-1 girls 18 elite and 16 elite.
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach because I love the game. I coach with passion for the game and all my players.
- Fun Facts: From California. Currently in graduate school for sport and health psychology.
- Current Division1 Team: Girls Assistant Coach
- Playing Experience: My personal playing experience includes four years playing for Marist High School. I played three years for 2nd City Volleyball Club, two years for Moraine Valley Community College and two years for Trinity Christian College. At Marist I earned two All-Conference selections, one Conference MVP, Two appearances in the IHSA State Tournament, an All-State Honorable Mention, and four All-Tournament selections. At Moraine Valley I earned two Best Offensive Player Awards, and one Most Valuable Player award. At Trinity Christian College I rank fifth for most kills and sixth for most blocks in program history."
- Coaching Experience: My coaching experience includes two years for 2nd City Volleyball Club, one year for Adrenaline Volleyball Club, six years as a varsity assistant for the boys program at Marist High School, two years as a varsity assistant for the Homewood Flossmoor High School boys program, two years as the 18U Division One Volleyball Club Southside team head coach, and one year as an assistant coach with the men's volleyball program at Trinity Christian College. My contributions at Marist High School include four regional championships, four conference titles, two sectional championships, two appearances in the IHSA State Tournament, and one state championship in 2010.
- Coaching Philosophy: I continue to coach annually to be a small part in the development of memories and constructive experiences to the athletes of which I am fortunate to coach. I strive to provide as much positive support to each athlete I coach. I enjoy the challenge developing my abilities as a coach, and to motivate my players to push themselves to reach the next level in their abilities. I find it vastly rewarding as a coach to observe the development of my players transpire and the establishment of newfound self-confidence in my athletes. It is rewarding to observe athletes from various backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and educational institutions come together for the common purpose of competing in volleyball. Optimism is a crucial element to my approach as a coach. I firmly believe a positive coach will get better results and more respect from their athletes. I believe in leading by example and creating an environment of accountability that begins with my coaching approach. I reinforce the concepts of sportsmanship and respect toward every aspect of volleyball. I promote the notion that possessing the ability to practice and compete in volleyball is an absolute privilege and should be treated accordingly. I encourage my athletes to take risks during competition and practices to come to the realization of what each can accomplish when attempted. Physical and mental strength are two components to being competitive in volleyball that I highlight each day in the gym. My ultimate goal is to develop a rewarding experience from which each athlete can benefit, remember, and value later in life.
- Fun Facts: I am a born and in Chicago and reside in Palos Heights with my wife and three kids. Currently I am changing careers and pursuing a career in professional counseling. I hold a Bachelors in Physical Education with a Minor in Communication Arts through Trinity Christian College, a Masters in School Counseling from Concordia University, and I recently completed post-graduate work to obtain licensure as a Professional Counselor (LPC) in Illinois. I will continue my education to become Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the near future. Additionally, I am currently exploring the field of Sports Psychology. One interesting fact about me would by my obsession and passion for music!
- Current Division1 Team: Boys 18 Elite (South Side)
- Playing Experience: St. Ambrose University (Team Captain, All Conference First Team 2004, All Tournament Team 2004, All Conference Second Team 2003), Lindenwood University (Third Place NAIA National Tournament 2001, Third Place NAIA National Tournament 2000, Ace Service Leader NAIA National Tournament 2000), Lincoln-Way High School (Team Captain, Top 50 Players in Illinois 1999, All-State Selection 1999, All-Conference Selection 1998), Club (Team Captain, Fifth Place USAV Junior Olympics 1998)
- Coaching Experience: D1 Girls 14 Elite Coach, Head Girl's Coach at MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. COLLEGE PREP HS, Chicago, IL (3 years), POWERHOUSE VOLLEYBALL CLUB, Chicago, IL (3 years, Boy’s 18’s Coach, Girl's 16's and 17 Elite), WHITNEY YOUNG HIGH SCHOOL, Chicago, IL (2 years, Boy’s freshmen and JV Coach, Girl's Freshman Coach), ULTIMATE VOLLEYBALL CLUB, Merrillville, IN (2 years, Girls Club Director, Girls Coach), ULTIMATE VOLLEYBALL CLUB, Frankfort, IL (Boy’s and Girl’s Coach 13-18, 3 years), LINCOLN-WAY EAST HIGH SCHOOL, Frankfort, IL (1 year, Boy’s Freshmen Coach), ST. AMBROSE UNIVERSITY, Davenport, IA (1 year, Women’s Varsity Assistant Coach), XTREME HEAT VOLLEYBALL CLUB, Lockport, IL (1 year, Boy’s 16’s Coach)
- Coaching Philosophy: I coach volleyball because I love the sport and all it has to offer it's participants on and off the court. I am a very intense coach when needed to be and I expect the same love and intensity for volleyball from my players. Hard work pays off in the long run and I expect my players to work hard anytime they are on the court. Success comes with dedication and time and I truly believe teams that think this way can overcome any obstacle. Talent is great but you can't coach heart and effort!
- Fun Facts: I am currently a PE teacher and the Head Girls Volleyball Coach at Martin Luther King High School in Chicago. I have been playing and coaching volleyball for a total of 24 years. I grew up on the southside of Chicago in Tinley Park where I played junior high, high school, and club volleyball.
- Current Division1 Team: Girls 17U Elite